General  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS

A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
24/12/2019 7:51 pm  

Hi everyone, 

I  just wanted to point out that I have been facing some problems opening the web pages. from some of the previous messages. I took a screenshot from today's error, just that you can see. don' t know if anyone else also got these as well.  

hope u are all well, happy Hollidays, and till later,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
26/12/2019 12:35 pm  

@Kosmas - sorry, I didn't get that - it's great, but - maybe just a suggestion - please if you could, add the points (next to the titles that we were voting on), just so it's clear. Would that be possible? TNX!

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 3:04 pm  

Dear all, a general question/suggestion: am I the only old-styled-Finale user on the forum? Do y'all do Sibelius? In any case, I thought that it would perhaps be helpful to share the files of the snippets that have already been selected. At least from a Finale point of view, this could make edition quicker (by copying/importing templates), and save work from the final edition process. In a best case scenario, we would also naturally gravitate towards a more homogeneous notation/edition style. 

The question, of course, would be how to share files without compromising anonymity. @Kosmas, any thoughts on this?

Best to all! 

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 8:24 pm  

@marcio-steuernagel

i wanted to actually ask the exact same thing. 
also additional question, 

is percussion. Did we fix all the instruments and the notation of the percussions? 

best 

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 9:17 pm  

@Marcio

I am a Sibelius plus iPad user. I first gave up on Finale (even though I know it very well) - but too many layout bugs. And lately I gave up on wasting time with designing the curves and wild stuff that never work well on Sibelius, so I just add these graphical elements on iPad. But I can certainly adapt to whatever of the two notation programs we want to use - I agree that sharing the snippets would be useful - it might break the whole vail of anonymity, even though by this point I know exactly who composed what.

@Anahita

I would be up for considering that whatever has been used in the snippets so far is in and no more adding.

@Kosma

It would be great if you could go through our snippets and compile a percussion list - and then we really stick to it.

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 9:17 pm  

sorry Kosmas, an S got lost in your name 😉

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 10:10 pm  

@davorius

Agree about the percussion. 
and for notation program, I am also Sibelius + iPad. Exactly what Davor described, I have never worked with Finale. 

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 10:34 pm  

I have a question, and remembering Davor asking this.
do we have 1 place, where all the things that we have submitted are there?
it is making it much easier not to go back between all the messages , find each one.

if you still want to have the comments coming along with the snippets, it can also be 1 link for each deadline, so, we can have 5 links in total and clicking on the link and we can see everyone’ submission there.  

I went back and was not able to find, if we already have something like this.

thanks,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
18/01/2020 11:24 pm  

@Anahita

you have all the submissions under the tab Phases (next to Project and Forum), I personally have printed everything out, but I agree that it might make sense to have everything that got selected as one endless sheet

ps. Sib-iPad I learned thanks to you my dear 😉🌸

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
19/01/2020 12:57 am  

@davorius

Thanks 😊 and you are welcome! Happy you are enjoying it! 

and yes, I actually will print too. I feel at this moment in order to really compose the piece, we need to have a very clear eye on all the materials 

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
23/01/2020 2:55 pm  

@Kosmas, there is an Error message in Phases>Conception Phase>... Notation style (selected):

https://cccm.iem.at/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/notation_style-3.pdf

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
23/01/2020 3:06 pm  

@kosmas

Great! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
24/01/2020 10:23 am  

hi everyone, 

I am curious, if anyone else is going through what have experienced this week. So, I started to work on development 3 a few hours after Kosmas sent the message, and yesterday almost finished what I wanted to send, but then today, I felt, I wanna change some stuff, and although I did make revisions but still feel strongly, that if we had a bit more time, I was able to polish that even much better. 

having said that, I know that we have a fix schedule, but as we are delving in writing the piece together, I feel having a bit more time, would be immensely helpful. maybe if possible we could shorten the time between the comments and voting ... and instead add 1 or 2 days to composing ... (?)

I don't know, if anyone else is also sharing the same pattern of thoughts like me .... or how fast-slow you guys write ... 

and another question :

did we arrive to an answer about sharing Sibelius- finale files? I agree that it would be very helpful. if not, I think I have to completely switch to just handwriting .... 

have a great weekend,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
24/01/2020 8:13 pm  

From next week I will start compiling the single score with the selected snippets. I wanted to do that earlier but it was a tricky to find a solution having sibelius running in ubuntu. From now on with your snippet submission in pdf or jpg, png you will submit your corresponding finale or sibelius file, if you have one. The upload drag&drop box can accept multiple files.

It is a good idea to have the sibelius or finale files of the already submitted snippets. I will make an upload page for those files soon (it is a bit tricky because I have to change some code which may cause the website crash, as it happened in Christmas...)

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: