@kosmas & folks
A general question: have we reached the end of the piece? I ask because we never consciously were given the task to compose "The End", we simply stopped. Knowing this may change revisions I propose (in the final section, naturally).
@marcio-steuernagel no we are in the middle of the composition right now. After this revision phase we will start the second development phase which will be structured differently and it will be less demanding in terms of work.
Folks, I am helping Kosmas organize the première of our piece on the 23rd May, in the SONify! Festival of Music and Artistic Research, here in Graz. I have a few questions in this regard:
1. How many of you are planning on being here? I would like to try to organize some sort of round-table with the concert.
2. Could we already decide on a title for our piece? If not, it will be referred to in advertising as "Collaborative Composition of Chamber Music" (which is also OK).
Best to all!
Thanks for organizing that! About your questions.
1. No, I do not have planned to be in Graz in May. I do not think that I will be there. But the idea sounds great!
2. I guess "Collaborative Composition of Chamber Music" should work for now.
All the best!
1. I was not planing on being there, but the way that the events are developing, I might not be able to go back to the US. If that happens, then yes, driving 150km from Zagreb should be possible, that is if the COVID-19 social distancing measures imposed by Austria don't make us pospone our concert.
2. I find that it would be misleading to call our piece CCCM, purely because this is neither first nor last piece that uses Kosmas' system of composing. I would be up for each of us proposing 2-3 titles and voting on it anonymously, or maybe using one of the subtitles we gave for the sections (e.g. falling ashes) as our final title.
Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and staying healthy!
as you maybe have or have not heard, Zagreb has been hit by a very strong earthquake, so I’m spending days cleaning up; otherwise health and all is fine. I just wanted to know when we continue with our work, so that I can anticipate having some time for CCCM.
hope you are all safe and warm. how are you Davor? I just saw the news about the earth quake 🙁
and saw images 🙁 I am so sorry
going back to Marcio's question, I was actually planing to be in Europe beginning of May and was thinking maybe to stay ( since everything here is on remote - online teaching till FALL )
but I think they might not let flies leave to Europe or enter Europe or vice versa.
so probably if the date does not changes, I won't be able to be there.
and agree with Davor maybe for the title.
something that somehow shows this collaborative aspect but still a better title than the title of the project ?
sending love to everyone, hope you and your loved ones are okay and safe,