Clear all

General  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS

Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
24/01/2020 9:05 pm  

About the time you need for composing: I believe that as we manage to establish a rhythm, you are slowly optimizing how you work in this project. It is a learning process with a seemingly steep curve, but I am sure you are finding ways of dealing with it.

Another term I would like to introduce is "recycling". You can borrow and reappropriate materials and ideas from unselected snippets, if you think that they fit in the current state of the composition. Of course you will need to report if you do this in the "borrowed material" text-box.

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
27/01/2020 5:40 pm  

Hey everyone,

I was thinking that this hybrid composer deserves a hybrid composer name - I have several suggestions:

1. Marcivor S. Robassi

2. Lunahita M. Dimcze

3. Stylla A. Vinernagel

4. Anacio D. Romou

Let me know if you like any of them 😀

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
27/01/2020 5:55 pm  

@davorius

🤣

My preferences are in this order 😉

2)

1)

4)

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
29/01/2020 12:07 pm  

For anyone who might wonder how the grading system work, here is a description:

a composer gives a set of grades, e.g. [4,7,8,0,5] (0 represents the grade of his/her own snippet). For the min-max range normalization, we calculate the difference between min and max (8 - 4 = 4, in this set). We subtract the lowest value (4, new set becomes [0,3,4,0,1], the original 0 is ignored). Then we divide the set elements with the difference (new set becomes [0,0.75,1,0,0.25]). This normalization maps the lowest grade to 0 and the highest grade to 1. This is the most "fair" normalization because it maps the grading of all composers to the range of 0 to 1. The score of each snippet in the diagram is the sum of the normalized grades by all the composers.

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
29/01/2020 2:18 pm  

It is now a good idea now to start sharing your sibelius and finale files. Here (link) you can upload the files from the already submitted snippets.

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
09/02/2020 9:20 am  

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to apologize to you all. I got super sick on Wednesday night and have been dealing with that till yesterday and out of a sudden last night in my right ear , I almost lost hearing. 

so, today morning, when I woke up, I was with fever and in my right ear I hear multi phonics - 4- 5 different voices and echo in my head. so, I went directly to emergency room. and it is a very bad ear infection.

and as you probably know tonight and tomorrow was - is the premiere of my orchestra piece, here in San Diego ... and tomorrow Schallfeld arrives here ... and I am literally just dead. 

I was in the emergency room the whole day under fluids and antibiotics, so my ear pain is a bit less. and I hear now 2 voices instead of 4-5 

but I am in no shape of doing anything, and I do not even think I will be tomorrow. I was wearing earplugs and on all these medications, went just to my premiere and then directly to bed. 

the first moment I feel even tiny little better, I will write you and will catch up with you guys, but I think I won't be able to submit anything for this round. 

anyway, looking forward to see your stuff. 

many greetings from San Diego and wish that my ears don't get worse .... is such a scary thought for us musicians ..... 

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
09/02/2020 9:58 pm  

Hang in there!!! Get well soon!! Sending good energy from SF! ♥️

ReplyQuote
Lula Romero
(@lula-romero)
10/02/2020 9:10 am  

@a-abbasi Sorry to hear that! Take care, I hope you will be better soon! 

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
10/02/2020 12:57 pm  

@a-abbasi  Wishing you get better soon! 

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
10/02/2020 5:48 pm  

@a-abbasi don't worry about the project for the moment, focus on your recovery and everything will be fine. Best wishes and take care!

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
13/02/2020 4:22 pm  

Hey kosmas. what’s happening? best, D

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
14/02/2020 12:32 pm  

Hi everyone, sorry for not updating, I decided that we conclude the development phase 1 with 5 rounds. I am working now on compiling the score with lilypond and we will start the revision phase 1 next week. Instructions will be posted soon so keep an eye on the forum.

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
17/02/2020 7:24 pm  

Folks, can somebody help me with an issue regarding notation? As you know, I am the only Finale user here. Does somebody know which font has the half-filled diamond notehead (for half-pressure, half-harmonic, etc)? If there is a free source to download, even better! I have been using black diamonds until now, but would like to follow what seems to bee the general standard...

Appreciate any help!

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
25/02/2020 1:57 pm  

hi every one, 

thank you so much for your kind messages. I got better finally last week around Wednesday (done with steroids and antibiotics) although my hearing is not completely back in my right ear. and was so happy that I am gonna be able to be a normal person again. went for the follow up and I had to also do vaccines for my green card interview! 4 vaccines! 

and in the afternoon my body started to show reactions and was not even able to leave my bed ... something like a flu, sinus, lungs ...s o crazy....  with high fever and since tonight I have no fever but coughing ..... so I really hope I be healthy soon ...

I feel that the worse is almost behind me. I have a check up on Wednesday and will keep you posted. if I can have my ear and my brain back, I can start slowly getting back on things.

[at this moment, with fever, I literally was in bed today the whole day. passing out, crazy nightmares,  ....  (that's why I am awake now at 4 am)]

anyway, I wanted to update you all. I estimate latest by end of next week, I will be able to be completely back on track with you all. and with everything else as well. 

looking forward to it. 

best,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
25/02/2020 6:49 pm  

Take care of yourself! Baby steps and it will all be fine - we're here with you in our thoughts! Looking forward to you getting better. Sending love - D

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: