Development phase 1  

Page 2 / 5
  RSS

marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
12/01/2020 9:07 pm  

Dear @Kosmas

You mentioned that after submission we would only have one day to "to reflect on the meso/macro structure and submit a comment." -- I took that to be today, but now notice there is as yet no info about this... 

I am now in Dallas, and from tomorrow morning until Tuesday evening I will be traveling back to Graz. Do you have any advice on how to deal with this (yet undefined) deadline?

Best,

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
12/01/2020 9:16 pm  

@marcio-steuernagel

sorry Martio but I haven't received all evaluations yet... we will have to wait until all composers submit their evaluations.

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
13/01/2020 2:47 am  

@kosmas

Ok, no problem -- just so you know I will be unable to work on the next 48h or so 

Best!

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
13/01/2020 3:43 am  

Hi everyone, thank you for your evaluations of the first development period. Here (link) you can see the results. The snippet "the beginning" received the highest normalized max-min score and is selected as the beginning of our composition.

Now before you compose the continuation of that snippet we are going to make a "meso/macro-structure reflection". Each of you is going to provide a tentative description of how this snippet may develop. You can reflect on the meso-structure (1-2 minutes) or/and the macro-structure (8-9 minutes). After that we will evaluate the comments and the selected one will influence the continuation of the root snippet.

Comment link -> here

Please submit your comments until Monday 13.1.2020 at 23:59 in your local time-zone.

@marcio-steuernagel would you be able to submit only a short comment?

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
13/01/2020 8:19 pm  

Hey Kosmas,

just to make sure, since the only thing I see in the link is the empty text box - what we are supposed to do here is a textual comment on meso and macro structure, accepting that the selected snippet with minor modifications is going to be the beginning of our final piece? Did I get that right? No drafts, drawings, diagrams or whatever, just  a textual comment, right?

If so, what is the approximate length in word count that you think is appropriate?

Thanks for clarifying - best,

Davor

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
13/01/2020 11:04 pm  

@davorius

you can also upload graphics that accompany your text.

The selected root snippet is fixed for this phase, in the next revision phase you will be able to propose any changes you want. For the comment there is not any word count. This is an opportunity for you to shape the "future" of the composition so try to formulate your ideas as clear and coherent as possible.

ReplyQuote
marcio.steuernagel
(@marcio-steuernagel)
Eminent Member
14/01/2020 11:12 am  

@kosmas

I'm glad we're starting with "The beginning" 😉

I managed to send a short comment only know, while connecting in Frankfurt. Hope it will do.

Best,

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
15/01/2020 12:58 am  

Hi everyone, here (link) are the comments for the meso/macro structure reflection of the first development period. Review them carefully and assign them preference points by filling the form. Grade them with the same manner as you did the previous evaluation.

Please do that as soon as you read this message so that we move to the development period 2 (we are already late!)

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
15/01/2020 8:53 pm  

@kosmas

if I remember correctly, this phase has 12 deadlines, and we had so far 2, correct?

when is the next deadline? (since you mentioned we are already late) and how should we proceed? 

thanks,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
15/01/2020 9:39 pm  

Hi everyone, here (link) is the results of the evaluation of your comments. For the next development period you are going to compose the continuation of the root snippet "the beginning". The selected comment and the concepts from the incubation phase are not something that you have to mandatory follow. It is material that the group prefers and is an opportunity for you to relate your musical ideas to them. Your explanations will be more convincing and you will have more chances to have your contributions selected if you relate to them. But if any of this material doesn't help us anymore, you can introduce new ideas that may contradict the "old" ones. Everything is being evaluated so if you are able to convince the group in order to follow a new root, a path that we couldn't see before but now becomes an interesting possibility, you are free to attempt it.

I would like to ask you to work those two days for that assignment so that we go back in the schedule.

Deadline for submission is on Thursday 16.1.2020 at 23:59 in your local time-zone.

Upload link ---> here

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
15/01/2020 9:44 pm  

The weekly deadlines for the development phase are:

Thursday ---> snippet submission (hard deadline)

Friday ---> snippet evaluation (soft deadline)

Sunday ---> meso/macro structure reflection (hard deadline)

Monday ---> meso/macro structure reflection evaluation (soft deadline)

A.Abbasi liked
ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
15/01/2020 9:47 pm  

Hi Kosmas, 

thank you. just to make sure, I am understanding it correctly, since the comment 1 got the highest vote, the next step now would be that we are going to work on the  4 snippets  [ A(1-4), B(5-6), C(7-9), D(10-13) & A’ (14-19) ]

deconstruct them and etc. ( all the suggested processes) 

and /or in addition, if we feel that introducing a new material is helpful, we are free to do that as well. 

thanks for clarifying.

best,

Anahita 

ReplyQuote
Kosmas
(@kosmas)
Member Admin
15/01/2020 10:19 pm  

Hi Anahita,

you are going to compose the continuation of the selected root snippet "the beginning". You will upload a single file, a musical score in pdf. If you want to build on the selected reflection is up to you, with your comment you will explain why your snippet is a good continuation of the previous snippet.  

ReplyQuote
A.Abbasi
(@a-abbasi)
Eminent Member
15/01/2020 10:37 pm  

@kosmas

Got you! Thanks for the clarification. 

best,

A

ReplyQuote
davorius
(@davorius)
Eminent Member
15/01/2020 10:46 pm  

@all

I would just like to point out that it seems to me that what the author of the selected comment labeled as C [7-9] section is actually the same material as A and should be rather labeled as A’; thus her/his A’ is actually A” - to me at least that makes more sense.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: